Your Legal health check
Stroke Recovery Association NSW > Your Legal health check
YOUR LEGAL HEALTH CHECK
A STROKE CAN STRIKE AT ANY TIME. ARE YOU PREPARE?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do I have a Will?
- Do I know where it is?
- How old is it?
- Do I remember what it says?
- Have my personal or financial circumstances changed since the date of my Will?
- Are the beneficiaries of my Will still the beneficiaries of my choice?
- Does my Will take into consideration the personal and financial circumstances of my beneficiaries?
- Who is the Executor of my Will?
- Is that Executor still the person of my choice?
- Is my Executor aware that they are the Executor of my Will?
- Does my Executor know where my Will is kept?
- Can I foresee any problems arising from my affairs on my death?
- Do I have a Power of Attorney? (A legal authority allowing someone to manage your assets and make financial and legal decisions on your behalf).
- Is it an enduring Power of Attorney? (A Power of Attorney, as described above, which continues to have effect if you lose your mental capacity or capacity to make decisions).
- Do I have an Enduring Guardian? (A legal authority appointing someone to make decisions about your health and lifestyle in the event you cannot make these decisions yourself).
- What about my partner? (Have them go through this list too!)
DON’T LEAVE IT TO CHANCE.
SEEK LEGAL GUIDANCE AND UPDATE YOUR ESTATE PLAN NOW!
© Stroke Recovery Association NSW 2022