Useful FREE apps for Stroke survivors
Stroke Recovery Association NSW > About Stroke > Download information sheets about Stroke and Stroke recovery > Useful FREE apps for Stroke survivors
USEFUL FREE APPS FOR STROKE SURVIVORS
The below apps are available from the Google Play Store or Apple Store on your smartphone or tablet.
- Small Talk Aphasia (Male/Female) – Free app for practising speech and assisting in conversation on the go. It has common phrases and video to assist with communication.
- Small Talk Conversation – Free app with common conversation phrases to assist with communication.
- Claro Speak – Free app that assists with text to speech. Type in anything in the notes and play it aloud.
- Small Talk Oral Exercise – Free app with multiple oral exercises to assist language skills.
- Sono Flex Lite – Free app that assists with communciation through images, text to talk, and stringing a few images together.
- Elevate – Free brain training app that focuses on memory and cognitive functioning. The app will adapt the game based on your skill level.
- Lumosity: Brain Training – Free brain training app. The app will adapt the game based on your skills which are tested at the beginning to understand your baseline.
- Category Therapy Lite – Free cognitive and memory game. Very user friendly.
- Brain Out – Free app to assist with cognitive development using visual riddles.
- Calm – Free meditation and sleep app to assist with wellbeing and mental health.
© Stroke Recovery Association NSW 2023