A person walking icon Resources


IDEAS are the go-to for disability information. They connect you with the information you need. They know information powers better decisions, to make life easier. IDEAS are committed to getting people the information they need, when & how they need it. Over 80% of their staff have lived experience of disability. They get it! They  provide free, accurate and independent disability information. Connect today on 1800 029 904 or SMS Your question to 0458 296 602 or visit ideas.org.au

People with Disability Australia

Free service to help people with a disability who want to make a complaint about their rights being infringed. This service provides information about your rights, refers you to the appropriate complaint service and helps you use the service.

Physical Disability Council of NSW

PDCN assist people with a physical disability to live ordinary lives as contributing members of the community by providing opportunities for individuals to gain the information, knowledge and skills necessary to manage their lives. 

Physiotherapists Association
Provides the names of Physiotherapists in your local area – ask if they offer home visits.

Speech Pathologists Association

Speech pathologists work with people who have had a Stroke and are experts in communication and swallowing problems. A speech pathologist provides specialised therapy and advice regarding the best way to help recover from communication and/or swallowing impairments arising from a Stroke. Speech pathologists work with people who have had a Stroke to manage some of the following conditions: Aphasia, Dyspraxia, Dysarthria and Dysphagia. You can find a speech pathologist via the Speech Pathology Australia website.

Occupational Therapists Association

Provides the names of Occupational Therapists in your local area – ask if they offer home visits

Diversional Therapy Association

Diversional and Recreation Therapy is a client-centred practice recognising that leisure and recreational experiences are the right of all individuals. Practitioners facilitate individual client choice, decision-making and participation when developing and managing recreational programmes.

Carers NSW

If you are someone’s carer, they provide information on carers, support and referral, Carer Information Kits, a library of books, videos and brochures and local Support Groups.

Technical Aid for the Disabled
TAD develop custom designed aids where commercial aids are not available for people with disabilities.

Provides financial assistance for people with a disability, carers and people who are ill. If you are caring for anyone who has had a Stroke you may be entitled to a Carer’s Allowance.

Independent Living Centre

The Centre displays a comprehensive range of products and equipment for people with disabilities and older people. You can try out equipment suitable for your needs before purchasing an item. The Centre does not sell the items – only displays them.

Taxi Subsidy Scheme
Provides taxi subsidies for people with a disability.

Radio for the Print Handicapped
2RPH is one in a network of Special Purpose, not-for-profit radio stations all around Australia, dedicated to turning print media into sound. 1224 on the AM dial.

Vision Impaired Travel Pass

If you are legally blind you can apply for a Vision Impaired Pass to travel on any government bus, ferry or train.

Meals on Wheels
Provides meals delivered to your home.

Royal Rehab Driver Assessment and Training Service

Promotes independence and safety in driving for people with a range of disabilities or medical concerns. Provides driving assessments and retraining programs and assists people with special needs who may need advice and assistance to regain their license or acquire their license for the first time. Part of the Royal Rehab Centre Sydney, at Ryde.